59 Reasons Sugar Ruins Your Health
Updated: Jun 22, 2019
What is the number 1 drug addiction in America? It's hard to kick the habit and starts as young as only a few weeks old and can last up to the last day on earth. It has opioid effects and is addictive........yes...SUGAR!! Are you addicted to sugar?
So how does sugar affect your body?
(1) Sugar can suppress the immune system.
(2) Sugar upsets the minerals in the body.
(3) Sugar causes hyperactivity, anxiety, difficulty concentrating, and crankiness in children.
(4) Sugar produces a significant rise in triglycerides.
(5) Sugar contributes to the reduction in defense against bacterial infection.
(6) Sugar can cause kidney damage.
(7) Sugar reduces high density lipoproteins (HDL).
(8) Sugar leads to chromium deficiency.
(9) Sugar leads to cancer of the breast, ovaries, intestines, prostate, and rectum.
(10) Sugar increases fasting levels of glucose and insulin.
(11) Sugar causes copper deficiency.
(12) Sugar interferes with absorption of calcium and magnesium.
(13) Sugar weakens eyesight.
(14) Sugar raises the level of neurotransmitters called serotonin.
(15) Sugar can cause hypoglycemia.
(16) Sugar can produce an acidic stomach.
(17) Sugar can raise adrenaline levels in children.
(18) Sugar malabsorption is frequent in patients with functional bowel disease.
(19) Sugar can cause aging.
(20) Sugar can lead to alcoholism.
(21) Sugar can cause tooth decay.
(22) Sugar contributes to obesity.
(23) High intake of sugar increases the risk of Crohn’s
Disease, and ulcerative colitis.
(24) Sugar can cause changes frequently found in
people with gastric or duodenal ulcers.
(25) Sugar can cause arthritis.
(26) Sugar can cause asthma.
(27) Sugar can cause Candida albicans (yeast infections).
(28) Sugar can cause gallstones.
(29) Sugar can cause heart disease.
(30) Sugar can cause appendicitis.
(31) Sugar can cause multiple sclerosis.
(32) Sugar can cause hemorrhoids.
(33) Sugar can cause varicose veins.
(34) Sugar can elevate glucose and insulin responses in
oral contraceptive users.
(35) Sugar can lead to periodontal disease.
(36) Sugar can contribute to osteoporosis.
(37) Sugar contributes to saliva acidity.
(38) Sugar can cause a decrease in insulin sensitivity.
(39) Sugar leads to decreased glucose tolerance.
(40) Sugar can decrease growth hormone.
(41) Sugar can increase cholesterol.
(42) Sugar can increase the systolic blood pressure.
(43) Sugar can cause drowsiness and decreased activity in children.
(44) Sugar can cause migraine headaches.
(45) Sugar can interfere with the absorption of protein.
(46) Sugar causes food allergies.
(47) Sugar can contribute to diabetes.
(48) Sugar can cause toxemia during pregnancy.
(49) Sugar can contribute to eczema in children.
(50) Sugar can cause cardiovascular disease.
(51) Sugar can impair the structure of DNA.
(52) Sugar can change the structure of protein.
(53) Sugar can make our skin age by changing the structure of collagen.
(54) Sugar can cause cataracts.
(55) Sugar can cause emphysema.
(56) Sugar can cause atherosclerosis.
(57) Sugar can promote an elevation of low density proteins (LDL).
(58) Sugar can cause free radicals in the blood stream.
(59) Sugar lowers the enzymes’ ability to function.
And how do I kick the sugar habit?
Add more healthy fats to your diet like avocados, olives, coconut oil, nut butters, grass fed beef, pasture raised chicken, and wild caught fish.
Drink more water and don't skip meals especially breakfast!
Try my cranberry cocktail drink.
Originally appearing as “146 Reasons Why Sugar Is Ruining Your Health,” by Nancy Appleton, PhD, author of Lick the Sugar Habit (1988)